[Bf-committers] MAXFRAME overflows

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 30 18:40:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm not aware of an Orange requirement for a bumped up MAXFRAME. We
only did 11 minutes of animation, and 30k frames with 24/sec is over 20
minutes.

Although bumping the max up to a larger value (MAXINT even) is fine,
you cannot do this without changing in the code all shorts as still in
use for frame indications (dont forget buttons!). That's a tedious
job... there's quite some. :)

Next to that, we really need a good generic limits management in
Blender... a lot of MIN/MAX settings are also there to facilitate easy
user input by sliding buttons. A button with an integer range going
into the millions isn't easy to set then anymore. Not even to mention
it would help to have a button allowing to input time code or seconds.

So; yes, move it back to 30k for now, and invite someone to recode all
shorts as used now first.

-Ton-