[Bf-committers] "correct" edge selection state?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 30 18:28:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

The problems in the flushing code are partially because of the slow
migration from vertex-only to vertex/edge/face selecting. Not all tools
are edge/face selection aware yet... adding to the confusement. :)

What I tried to achieve with the flush calls, is that (de)selecting
always gives the desired result for the highest available selection
mode (first face, then edge, then vertex). The 'lower' selections then
can become inconsistant yes, but at least the top level then is fully
controllable.

Tools should try to use the same 'highest selection' convention where
possible.

-Ton-