[Bf-committers] SOC idea

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sat Apr 29 05:40:19 CEST 2006

Interestingly i had a dude come and talk to me about moving from Maya to
Blender.

He does motion graphics and has worked at Weta, (he does a lot of good work)
the thing holding him back was the Particle system.

he wants every particle to be accessible by python (if its not already)
so that he can alter the particle behaviour according to his music.
also so that he can click on any one particle and be able to change how
it behaves.

he is very interested in going open source and looking at coding
features towards blender (both commercial and non-commercial plugins) if
he were to use it in his pipeline.

His website is here http://lizardlounge.co.nz/
and his show reel is here http://lizardlounge.co.nz/html/projects/reel.html

I could talk to him and see exactly what he wants, he ma be able to come
up with some fantastic ideas for coding projects.

Doug Ollivier.