[Bf-committers] Re: SOC Project Ideas?

Stephan Kassemeyer stapfx at gmx.de
Sun Apr 23 17:34:28 CEST 2006

> I'm very interested in entering the google SoC. Been for a few days
> researching/studying about motion tracking, to make 3d fit into real
> video footage, since in IMHO would make blender much better in the
> visual effects field. But motion tracking is too big for a one person
> a few months project, especially because there isn't much (technical
> how it works) documentation about it.

I have similar plans. I looked into sba, a GPL sparse-bundle-adjustment
packacke and klt, a public domain feature-tracker.
sba is an highly optimized levenberg/marquardt algorithm. I don't know if
that is the
best approach for visual-fx-motiontracking. There are other approaches
(plane-tracking), but I think they are more suited for realtime tracking.

http://www.ics.forth.gr/~lourakis/sba/
what do you think about sba in blender?

best regards, Stephan.