[Bf-committers] SoC proposal idea (SGen)

Mazovka Dmitriy mazovka at bk.ru
Sat Apr 22 11:59:05 CEST 2006

From: Jean-Luc PeuriХre
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:50:14 +0200

> Le 21 avr. 06 ? 23:12, Мазовка Дмитрий a ?crit :

> > I'm 3rd year student of Byelorussian State University, Faculty of
> > Applied Mathematics and Informatics. I have some experience of sky
> > and CA implementation in my own projects. Also I have ~6 year C++
> > experience and 1.5 years outsource working in the Integra company
> > (www.integra.jp) that specialized on 3d graphics.
> >
> > I see the idea as very perspective and feasible. Can it be accepted
> > as my SoC proposal?
>

> one key point : blender is,  in its core, a C program. Which mean
> that whatever goes in src should be imho coded in this language. you
> are welcome to add C++ libs in extern or intern but the interface
> should be C.
>
> There is several reasons for that, but as a platform maintener, the
> main is that C++ always cause compatibility headhaches that i dont
> dare to find in src.
>
> C++ is ok in game-engine or a external lib with a C interface.
>
> --
> lukep

No problems with C. I dealt with it. And implementing library with C
interface is ok. Integra (the company I've mentioned in the first letter)
also has a lot of C code.

Thank you for support:), I hope the feature being implemented will be very
useful for Blender community.

Best regards,
Mazovka Dmitriy