[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern scene.c blender/source/blender/blenloader/intern readfile.c blender/source/blender/makesdna DNA_scene_types.h blender/source/blender/src buttons_scene.c header_time.c toets.c

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Fri Apr 21 03:46:59 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

Sorry to reply about this a bit late. This feature seems pretty
decent, I can see how it could be useful, but I really don't think
the 'steps' number field belongs on the timeline. The timeline header
is meant to be kept pretty simple, for quick handy access to commonly
used things. Setting this steps property isn't something that would
happen very often and for things like timing animation to music,
would be set up at the beginning of a project then left. It doesn't
relate to any of the other timeline controls either, none of them are
to do with the uparrow/downarrow jumping between chunks of frames, so
it doesn't make that much sense to put it there on its own either.

I think it'd be better to remain only in the scene buttons, though it
should be a straight number field, not a slider. Number fields are
best used when you want to represent an arbitrary value (such as
this). Sliders are best to represent a proportion or a percentage.

cheers

Matt