[Bf-committers] GSOC Feature creep, decimator

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Fri Apr 21 01:47:16 CEST 2006

When reading all these suggestions, it seems like its becoming a wish
list from bf-commiters.
Some of the projects suggested seem like jobs for their respective
maintainers- like fixing broken stuff, but may be tricky to get involved
in for somebody newer to the blender codebase.
on the other hand. if nobody is realy maintaining these areas I suppose
it might be acceptable to find somebody to work on it.

To add to the noise, a good GSOC project could be to re-do the
decimator, and support any mesh (not just non manifold), Images,
Materials, UV's and vertex weights.
Both Theeth and myself have made python decimators, it seems like a
smaller project then booleans also.

- With briggs's collapse tool supporting UV's (mostly working) and
weights, we may even be able to have an iterative edge collapsing tool
in editmode.
Briggs are you a student? :)

- Cam