[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Scott Johnson scottj at cs.und.edu
Thu Apr 20 19:21:08 CEST 2006

I noticed on the SOC project ideas page that one of the ideas mentioned
involved added thread capabilities to radiosity rendering.  I am very
interested in this idea, but I am wondering what it would consist of.
Namely, my previous work with threading was that it was fairly
implementation (i.e. OS) dependent (not the thread code itself, but the
mutex code necessary to make sure synchronization is achieved).  I
assume that a student who took on this project would more than likely be
responsible for implementing mutex/thread code for all platforms, is
this accurate?

~Scott