[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Apr 20 15:08:17 CEST 2006

I would like to suggest better integration of
ShapeKeys and armatures.
Currently there is a somewhat uncomfortable situation,
to name a few:

1- "CrazySpace" behaviour when setting a shapekey for
a given pose is very difficult to manage, only works
well for small mesh deformations.
2- Action constraints don't work well referring to
local axis rotations.
3- ShapeKey/Ipodriver interface is somewhat faulty
too, lack of proper update when setting keys on / off
etc etc.

Now if you check videos from Animation Master's
SmartSkin feature, you'll see that all those features
are "almost" there in Blender, only they don't work as
well as in SmartSkin, they're buggy, slow, etc.

I know most of these were coded in a rush for Orange,
but what better than improve and clean up all these in
this SOC ?

Best regards

malefico.