[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2006

Ben Stabler ben at half-dome.net
Wed Apr 19 23:40:06 CEST 2006

Hi Scott,

Apart from IRC ( #blendercoders on irc.freenode.net ) this is probably
the best place to send messages- though if your proposal is accepted one
of the requirements is going to be presence on IRC at certain intervals,
so it's probably worth visiting the channel before then, at least so you
can speak to some of the coders.

What were you thinking of doing for your project? If you're interested
in OpenGL, one of the feature requests recently on blenderartists.org
has been more extensive use of OpenGL in the 3d view (for example
realtime shadows and shading modes), or of course there is the game
engine, where Snailrose recently introduced some OpenGL 2.0 shaders.

Good luck,

Ben