[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2006

Scott Johnson scottj at cs.und.edu
Wed Apr 19 23:04:50 CEST 2006

Chris:

Thanks for letting me know more about the project.  I am really
interested in doing this Summer of Code for Blender.  I have quite a bit
of experience with OpenGL, and programming in general.  I have also had
extensive work with Software Engineering methods, including research in
UML and UML to code implementations.  In addition, I am really excited
about Blender as a product - I use it regularly, and would really like
to give back to the organization.

Thanks for letting me know about the group project rules.  I think we
were kind of looking at doing separate projects, but both in the same
area: i.e. both of us working on Blender if possible.  Since we are both
in the same town, it would be easier to bounce ideas off of each other &
code together.

Is this the best place to be discussing the Summer of Code, or should I
use a different list/forum?  I know there was some mention of the forums
on the Blender site.  I didn't know whether or not it was acceptable to
use the developer list.  Let me know if there is another medium for
discussion, as I don't want to clog up talks about coding and development.

Thanks!

~Scott

Scott Johnson
Student