[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Wed Apr 19 15:39:52 CEST 2006

I think a layer system that combines the good features of customisation,
with the efficient use of 1-0 Alt+1-0 keys.

Blender layers for me a half fantastic, half a nightmare.  I love the
key buttons, but dislike the lack of Alexanders features like locking,
render always, never render.... layers.

I think redoing the layer system would be more of an ergonomics and
design challenge than a coding challenge.  I feel its a real usability
task which will involve a lot of analysis, gut instinct, and testing, it
seems less of a feature factor to me.

much needed area for improvement though.
Doug