[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Apr 19 11:36:27 CEST 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Chris Want wrote:

> Tom M. also suggested this as "Snapping Framework" & "Dimensioning"
> -- to be honest I'm not sure how this differs a) from holding down
> the ctrl key to snap to grid; and b) using the "draw edge length",
> etc. If either of you could elaborate further, it would be helpful.

DTPblender has support for the following additional snapping modes:

- Interactive snapping to other objects during transforms, both to
   boundboxes and centers, including visualization of snapping axes, inside and
   outside editmode
- Interactive absolute grid snapping (as opposed to relative snapping
   using CTRL, which is still available) during transform - things
   snap to ABSOLUTE grid increments relative to the world, NOT to the
   transform itself

I would have a couple of more ideas, and I'd love to be the one applying
(and getting :-) the "Snapping Framework" project (I'm a student).