[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Wed Apr 19 05:51:51 CEST 2006

Would 3d painting be a to huge task to do for an SOC?

I have used software called Deep paint 3D,  it was incredibly fast and
responsive for 3D modelling, I think blender currently tries to save the
file after each brush stroke (not sure about that though).  I think we
could make it a lot more responsive (even with basic brushes).  then
other brushes and things could be added later.

I am not sure what's involved with this project though.

The other project I think would be really important, is some kind of
measurement and snapping system.  perhaps a scale is also saved into the
.blend file.

most of my suggestions for blender are very very minor, and would not be
the entire scope of an SOC project.

3D painting would be the highest priority IMO

Doug (Alltaken)