[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 20:05:01 CEST 2006

After some sleep here is a list of most request features - unordered
and I've grouped by funtional area.

External renderer integration API is I believe - on Tons todo, and
something he probably needs to be the one to do for it to be done to
his specifications, so it wouldn't be a good idea to have it as a SoC.

Renderer features, tangent space normal maps (so that maps generated
with ZBrush can be used) which is on eeshlos todo,
micropolydisplacement (might require Ton? and think is on his todo but
not sure?), SSS, GI features.

Polygon tool improvements - Ngons, 'a proper bevel'; 'connect tool'
(knife tool that also works at vertices - there is a script apparently
that I've never got setup properly that does this?), high resolution
sculpting

per viewport images - yes people can and do fake this via mapping an
image to a polgon

Cutom bindings and menus - this is on Tons todo

materials presets/libraries

realtime shading in the 3D viewport

LetterRip