[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Tue Apr 18 20:01:44 CEST 2006

Jean Montambeault wrote:
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> Sounds good -- I don't have contact info for these
>> guys (or really time contact everybody) -- would you
>> be able to poll these guys for input and get them to
>> reply to the list? (And feel free to suggest things
>> yourself, of course.)
>
> This is becoming so strange : what criteria are you going to use ?
>
> I know that I don't 'belong' here yet I couldn't help myself this time.
>
> Jean

Hi Jean,

Yeah, things are a bit strange. Last year we published the
projects opening page as our ideas page for SoC, and there
were a number of problems (there were projects on there that
had already been completed, or were being worked on, or that
were not good for new programmers).

Since a lot of people think that an ideas page is useful,
I need to assemble one *fast* (like, get it out there
today or tomorrow). I work full time, so I'd like to
get some input for that page.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
What criteria? Basically things that are a) doable
by a student programmer, b) fit in with the
current plans and code.

Regards,
Chris