[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Tue Apr 18 18:43:23 CEST 2006

Robert Wenzlaff wrote:
> At 11:10 AM 4/18/06, you wrote:
>
>> I don't know if this has been discussed, but from looking at the
>> elysiun /blenderartists forums what the users really want is more
>> render options- eg GI, SSS, and integration to other renderers (such
>> as the RenderMan variants) in the same way that Yafray is.
>

> I guess this is the place where I put in my (annual?) plea for a
> renderer plugin system.
>
> <SNIP>

Hi Robert,

I can add this to the list, but one concern that I have though,
is that this was listed on our projects opening page already as
an advanced coding project. Would it be possible for a student
coder who might not be too familiar with the blender codebase
to do this over the span of two months? (If the answer is yes,
would you be interested in mentoring if an application is
successful?)

Regards,
Chris