[Bf-committers] GSOC Projects

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Apr 18 17:27:11 CEST 2006

Hey,

Chris Want wrote:
>>   1. Render->uv baking.
>>      So pixels from a render can be backed into a UV texture.
>>      This feature is useful for game/realtime content, would have
>
> I'm not sure I understand this. Isn't the node stuff capable of this?

The nodes can't do texture baking. And this idea can be taken further
also to bake AO, generate normal maps, or automatically create a
simple UV map.

>>   2. Extended ID properties, as discussed here.
>>
>> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Blending_Into_Python/CustomProperties
>
> Is Brecht working on this, as Tom suggested?

No, it's only internal code changes to make attaching data to verts, edges
and faces easier. Such a soc project could of course make use my code to
add custom data not only to datablocks, but also to verts etc.

Brecht.