[Bf-committers] New feature: Console output space type (request for input).

Jacques Beaurain jacques.beaurain at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 04:21:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

I need help! Any Linux gurus with some time on their hands?

I am having more trouble than I thought I would getting this to work
on Linux. There are many examples out there for redirecting stdout and
stderr by forking another process and then using pipes to divert the
streams, but I cannot find a single one that duplicates what I managed
to do for this in Windows (redirect the std streams within the same
process). I attached drawstdout.c which contains most of the code that
implements the functionality of the Console Output window.

The relevant code is at the top. At program startup I call
init_stdthreads and on shutdown shutdown_stdthreads gets called. After
trying a couple of things I now gave up with my code being in the
state in the attached file. Using getc in the threads instead of
ReadFile, it immediately returns EOF.

Thanks,