[Bf-committers] Google SOC stuff

Emmanuel Stone emmanuel.stone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 22:06:57 CEST 2006

Hello,

I might as well throw in my 0.02eur:

First of all I think it should be said that I think overall last year
was a great success. I am very disappointed that I haven't been able
to find the time to work on libNurbana+Blender as much as I would like
(between a full time masters and trying to support myself, I have
little free time these days). However I will continue to work on this
project as much as I can, I do not want to see it die.

I agree with Tim's points about a work diary and peer review. I think
that to some extent most of the not unsuccessful projects last year
did both of these things (mostly through the wiki and #blendercoders).
I think that a 'wishlist' of projects is a good idea, if only because
I would never have known that there was a possibility to work on NURBS
stuff in Blender otherwise.

While I cannot fault the help of everyone who helped 'mentor' my
project last year, there were some timezone issues, and perhaps this
is something that should be
considered this time around. A small suggestion would maybe to allow
(some of) Google's 'Mentor Money' to go to the assigned mentor. The
mentors did a lot of work too last year, but I believe it was expected
that the money be given to the BF.

I hope this year will be as successful as last year, if nothing else,
it's a great way
to get new people on board.

-Emmanuel