[Bf-committers] Blender doc intergration proposal

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sun Apr 16 16:37:23 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 11:05:25PM +1000, Campbell Barton wrote:

> Good docs are a part way solution, but the user still has to thumb
> through those docs.

Ideally, with a browser-based solution, the only thumbing through will
be for additional topics and info.

> F1 issue wont work, so RMB->Help Menu OR Help button then click on the
> button.. either way its not a blocker.

Right.  Not an objection, just a minor point of fact.

> As for existing docs, are there any existing docs for blender that are
> current?- the manual I saw last was for 2.37 - some of the best docs
> seem to be in the release logs.. which isnt a good place for users to
> find info.

The mediawiki is the latest, greatest on-going effort.

> We have to accept that no 1 person is going to magically do all blender
> docs, so why not hand it to the community.

The community would be the folks doing the reference manual on mediawiki.
Our best chance is to leverage their work by linking into the ref manual.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net