[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/release/scripts image_find_paths.py

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Tue Apr 11 14:31:44 CEST 2006

Alexander Ewering wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Campbell Barton wrote:
>
>> campbellbarton (Campbell Barton) 2006/04/11 01:14:17 CEST
>>
>>  Added files:
>>    blender/release/scripts image_find_paths.py
>>
>>  Log:
>>  A utility script that refinds all image paths for images that have a
>> path whos file dosent exist.
>>  Running this script is usefull for moving projects to new computers
>> and fixing broken image paths.
>>  It works by taking a searchdir and finding all the images in that
>> dir, then using the largest images (if doubles are found) to avoid
>> using thumbnails.
>
> This sounds very useful. I assume it searches recursively in all subdirs,
> right?
> I always missed such a feature - it sucks not being able to move any file
> any of your projects might use, or rename any directory in your entire
> tree,
> just because of your blend files...
>
> Though I would assume that if you already do it for images, you should
> also
> do it for any external datatype, if you agree :) Fonts, other blend
> files,
> etc...
Right does a recursive search and re-creates relative paths where
possible, I use it from moving between linux/win32 computers because
blender used to mess up even relative paths.

as for supporting sounds, fonts (any others?) - Sure it could be done,
and probably should be.
If it was done, where would the script go? System menu?

- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street