[Bf-committers] interface changes since 2.25

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 10:57:50 CEST 2006

Intrr has commented that the 2.25 interface is better than the current
interface, I usde to think he was just being stuck in the past.
However, I was just playing around with it and while some things are
definitely far improved (the buttons layouts in the buttons panel) a
few things surprized me that he might be right.

1) the zoom and move buttons on the headers - it is odd that Blender
had that as an interface element early on, but now that everyone else
has it Blender doesn't.  Similarly there used to be a button for
fullscreen, again something that everyone has now, but now Blender
doesn't

2) the compact view switching - the front, side, icon method is quite
compact and intuitive also the same with the icons for the things like
perspective view etc.  The unifying them into a single tree reduces
the amount of information that the user has (instead of glancing at an
icon they must check a menu to see what view, what perspective, etc.)

The text in the header section - this seems to take up a large amount
of space but I don't see where the benefit is to the enduser.

Perhaps these are things that should be  considered to be reintroduced?

LetterRip