[Bf-committers] Cloth Modifier Patch Updated

zaz at visi.com zaz at visi.com
Fri Apr 7 18:47:18 CEST 2006

Genscher and I fixed the problems with using meshes with single faces
as cloth objects or collision objects in the cloth modifier.  The
updated patch is available on the Cloth Wiki page:
  http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/ClothSimulation#Patches

If you applied the original patch from April 6th, you only need to update
the source/blender/blenkernel/intern/cloth.c and
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/kdop.c files as those were the only
ones that changed.

An example .blend file with baked animations of a cloth falling on a pair
of cubes, a ball moving through a curtain and a flag waving in the wind
was added to the wiki page as well.

A new Windows binary is available from Genscher, although it only fixes
the problem of using a single faced collision object.

I'm out of web space myself, so I can't upload my linux binary anywhere.
When Genscher is available to make the binaries available, we'll have new
binaries for both w32 and linux available on the Wiki page.  I expect the
new binaries will be available by Sunday, April 9th, but hopefully sooner.

Todd Koeckeritz, zaz at visi.com

Surfin' the Web with an ActiveX enabled browser is kindof like having
to worry about getting shot everytime you knock on a door.