[Bf-committers] Cloth Modifier Patch Available

zaz at visi.com zaz at visi.com
Fri Apr 7 18:40:26 CEST 2006

Kent Mein wrote:
> I tried it on my f1 work in progress:
> http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/oldguy.jpg
> It worked pretty good, but there were a couple of things that were
> odd.  I tried to do collision with the pole and it crashed.
> (I'm guessing this is the one face issue though.)

I just made available a patch fixing the single face bug, its available
on the wiki page and I'll be sending an announcement to this list next.

> What I did was added pin points around the eyes on the flag.
> And then let it just go after tweaking a couple of the settings.
> It seemed odd though that the mesh had no y variation at all in this case.
> (I added a -y value to the gravity and that made everything look good.)

Did you see the example .blend file I added to the Wiki ?  It has a flag
in it blowing in the wind using a few hook'ed vertices to move it.  That's
they way we've been testing those types of features mostly and might give
you a hint as to how we expect it to be used.

I'd be happy to look at an example blend and see if I can notice why its
not behaving the way you expect.  Feel free to email it to me or send me a
link to download it.

> The other big complaint is the pannel is huge with all of the bake settings.
> It might make sense to have tabs in this modifier and stick those settings
> in another tab.

Yeah, the UI is a bit clumsy right now.  When we finally know exactly which
parameters we need to expose and where the UI should be, we'll clean it
up and make it less imposing and more friendly on its use of sceen space.

> Overall though I really like it and it was easy to use.

Thanks, I'm happy to see it working for you.

Todd Koeckeritz, zaz at visi.com

Surfin' the Web with an ActiveX enabled browser is kindof like having
to worry about getting shot everytime you knock on a door.