[Bf-committers] Cloth Modifier Patch Available

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Fri Apr 7 18:07:12 CEST 2006

I tried it on my f1 work in progress:
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/oldguy.jpg
It worked pretty good, but there were a couple of things that were
odd.  I tried to do collision with the pole and it crashed.
(I'm guessing this is the one face issue though.)

What I did was added pin points around the eyes on the flag.
And then let it just go after tweaking a couple of the settings.
It seemed odd though that the mesh had no y variation at all in this case.
(I added a -y value to the gravity and that made everything look good.)

The other big complaint is the pannel is huge with all of the bake settings.
It might make sense to have tabs in this modifier and stick those settings
in another tab.

Overall though I really like it and it was easy to use.

Kent