[Bf-committers] CIrcles, cylinders and 100 verts

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Apr 5 18:27:09 CEST 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Chris Want wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just tried to create a cylinder with 320 verts, but
> the numbut only allows a maximum of 100 verts (circles
> also have this maximum). This limit seems quite arbitrary,
> so I thought I would increase it (to another arbitrary
> number, say, 30000). Does anybody have an argument as
> to why I shouldn't do this?

Well, yes. If you increase it to 30000, it will be impossible to set a sane
value using the mouse. Obviously, this is a limitation in the UI in general.
Many buttons should have a "normal use range" which also scales the mouse
response, and an "absolute maximum range" for manual input.

Something I always missed. Maybe the UI mafia takes this as another idea,
but I doubt ;)