[Bf-committers] CIrcles, cylinders and 100 verts

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Apr 5 18:03:32 CEST 2006

Martin Poirier wrote:
> --- Chris Want <cwant at ualberta.ca> wrote:
>

>> Hi there,
>>
>> I just tried to create a cylinder with 320 verts,
>> but
>> the numbut only allows a maximum of 100 verts
>> (circles
>> also have this maximum). This limit seems quite
>> arbitrary,
>> so I thought I would increase it (to another
>> arbitrary
>> number, say, 30000). Does anybody have an argument
>> as
>> to why I shouldn't do this?
>>

> The only thing I can see if that increasing the value
> makes the numbut "dragging to change value" much less
> useful (since the changes would be too high).
>
> Not a problem, really, but I'm no UI doctor.
>
> Martin

This isnt realy a problem anymore, a while back I changed this wil the
help of broken, so button dragging is not linear.
Witg the old functionality if you dragged an objects location.. it
jumped from 0 to 80, (somting like that), Now the first value is from
0.0 to 0.80 whict is much more usefull.
it is always scaled from the initial value of the button so sometimes
you need to do 2 drags to accuratly drag to a value,
- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street