[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src header_view3d.c space.c

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Apr 3 16:46:06 CEST 2006

Was just thinking.....

(do we have this alredy?)

A wikipage,
"Introduction to blender development"
- a page somebody could read in 5min and link to usefull areas.

With Sections (in brief)
* Blender development team, how blender is developed irc meetings
mailing list and the way maintainers own parts of the software. Links to
Blender history, Who's Who of maintainers (Letterrip?), Mail archives
and irc page.
* Blender Languages- small paragraph- C/C++/Python... explain where each
language fits in.
* Compiling Blender- Have a link to a tutorial for each OS.
* Brief overview of the source, and some files to look at. creator.c,
space.c
* Editing the source- ways to find the area in the source that you need
to edit- through DNA_* or space.c,  Note on coding style and links to
editors and source code browsers.
* explain DNA in brief- link to the Ton's full doc.
* What its a patch? Link to patch tracker and tut for making a patch.
* Give some examples of features  to write- realy small bite size.
Link to IPO Tutorial and some more comprehensive tutorials.
   Your first patch could be... 10 or so examples.
* Areas in Blender not to touch (because of internal design/or
complexity?) - Probably note on changing Blenders DNA is not for beginners.

Worth adding, alredy exists?
- Cam