[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src header_view3d.c space.c

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 15:06:08 CEST 2006

--- Ed Halley <ed at halley.cc> wrote:

> Martin Poirier wrote:
> > That's doesn't sound so astounding to me, just a
> > recuring barrier in all the stuff you do, one
> which
> > you seem very reluctant to fix.
>
> I find this attitude both obnoxious and elitist.
> The
> Blender "insiders" have a serious problem with
> sniping
> at the freely offered patches, and at the people who
> attempt to make the product better with them.

You got me wrong there. Alexander is an "insider"
already (in as much as he has commit rights and has
had so for a long time already). The "problem" here is
just a constant crusade on UI views.

> If there are VALID reasons to reject a patch, I
> think
> any developer wannabe will respect that authority.
> If
> it's because there is additional work to be done to
> integrate useful functionality, it's time for
> someone
> in the "inner circle" to step up to the plate and
> get
> the useful functionality in there.

That is usually what happens for submited patches.

Although some are checked faster than others, lately,
we've been doing specially patch oriented meetings to
speed things up and hopefully will continue to do so
at a certain interval (and I guess we might do the
same with the bug tracker at some point).

Martin