[Bf-committers] OpenGL behaviour

Mats Holmberg mats.holmberg at elisanet.fi
Mon Apr 3 13:00:10 CEST 2006

I've had slight graphic trouble with blender, until today I finally
realized how to fix it.

I've used only nvidia cards (on multiple computers), and always had the
same troubles. Running blender in fullscreen mode, as prefered, was
screwing up my display a bit. Blender itself has been running fine, but
it's been really irritating when buttons dissappear, screen goes blank
and/or things start blinking. When running with the -w flag everything
was just fine.

Today I accidentaly stumbled upon a program called nvidia-settings
(found it in ubuntu repositories) and just had to try all the switches
there to see if it had any effect. And to my surprise, turning off
'allow flipping' in 'OpenGL settings' made blender run perfectly also in
fullscreen mode. So, is this something that can be called a bug? And if
so, is it nvidia or blender related?

Thanks,
Mats