[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src header_view3d.c space.c

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Apr 3 12:37:22 CEST 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Martin Poirier wrote:

> I thought it wasn't approved because you didn't want
> to panelize it (and probably for other UI standard
> reasons)?
>
> That's doesn't sound so astounding to me, just a
> recuring barrier in all the stuff you do, one which
> you seem very reluctant to fix.

I'm totally reluctant to "fix" these issues, yes, because I still think that
it's the official UI that needs fixes ;)

However, I remember that there was some general talk about a more "well
thought out" system and that the Layer manager gave a wrong "impression" of
what layers actually are - and that's another reason why it wasn't included.

Still, I can't refrain from commenting on such mails, because particularly
the layer manager is something that pops up again and again in forums and
mailing lists, along with "why hasn't it been included".

And panelizing it would have taken anyone who is more familiar with the UI
code how long? 10 minutes? :)

Well. The code is still online... ;)