[Bf-committers] hemesh openmesh

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sat Apr 1 10:20:18 CEST 2006

Le 1 avr. 06 à 02:39, Tom M a écrit :

> Joeedh and lukep,
>
> have you looked at openmesh -halfedge mesh structure, is C++?
>
> http://www.openmesh.org/
>
> it is apparently under GPL,

it is also C++  with templates and genericity ;(

Which is fine for a general purpose library (and it is rated a good lib)

but not imho for a core structure of blender.

however i see that in the last version notes  they are dropping
OpenSG for

upcoming version 2.0 which should reduce overhead.

Further, blender (not player) is coded in C, and if a self bound module

(like fluid or ftgl) can be done in C++, this is untrue of such a
inner thing,

because not compatible with sDNA.

Now as example of what the tailored to our needs blender structures
should

do, it is a good example.  The OpenSG concept of circulators for example

is very good. I already spoked about them to Joeedh.

lukep