[Bf-committers] problems with C++

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Fri Sep 30 11:25:58 CEST 2005

> Stephen Swaney wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 07:16:12AM -1000, Tom M wrote:
>>

>>>Actually I'd bet it is gcc related.  The newer gcc's have improved
>>>optimization tools and they are probably the cause.
>>>

>>It eats my machine with gcc 3.3 if any optimization is on.
>>Turning optimization off with -O0 lets it build.
>>

> No, it's not gcc related. Happens in msvc7 compiler too.

Both debug and release go fine with msvc7/scons. Highest memory
consumption I have seen is 48MB (or there abouts). There is a long compile
time, though. But elbeem is not the only one suffering from that. Also, as
mentioned, the Yafray exporter suffers from that, and the IK jacobian
solver. These three take on my laptop many minutes to compile - but memory
consumption is not a problem, IMHO.

/Nathan