[Bf-committers] Re: Newbie coding advice.

Gilbert, Joseph jgilbert at tigr.ORG
Thu Sep 29 21:13:07 CEST 2005

________________________________

From: bf-committers-bounces at projects.blender.org
[mailto:bf-committers-bounces at projects.blender.org] On Behalf Of Greg
MacDonald
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:11 PM
To: Nathan Letwory
Cc: bf-blender developers
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Re: Newbie coding advice.

It would've been easier a month ago when I wasn't familiar with the
Blender code. I'm finding that even though some of the code is
uncommented spaghetti, its surprisingly not difficult make changes.
Ton's architecture overview helped out a lot.

I think I've decided to just change the code. The python solution sounds
like a kludge to me. Where as the c solution is sure to be just as
elegent for the user as Blender itself. So its not a question of what's
easiest for me, but what's easiest for people using it. I really would
like the blender openflight solution to be better than what people are
currently using. Not merely sufficient. Otherwise no one will be
compelled to use blender at work.

Thanks for your suggestion though. Any more would be welcomed. (I don't
like programming in a vacuume.)

-Greg