[Bf-committers] Re: Newbie coding advice.

Greg MacDonald gtmacdonald at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 20:10:50 CEST 2005

It would've been easier a month ago when I wasn't familiar with the Blender
code. I'm finding that even though some of the code is uncommented
spaghetti, its surprisingly not difficult make changes. Ton's architecture
overview helped out a lot.

I think I've decided to just change the code. The python solution sounds
like a kludge to me. Where as the c solution is sure to be just as elegent
for the user as Blender itself. So its not a question of what's easiest for
me, but what's easiest for people using it. I really would like the blender
openflight solution to be better than what people are currently using. Not
merely sufficient. Otherwise no one will be compelled to use blender at
work.

Thanks for your suggestion though. Any more would be welcomed. (I don't like
programming in a vacuume.)

-Greg