[Bf-committers] Complete absence of a POT file

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 29 18:14:57 CEST 2005

Hi Lee!

Lee June [2005-09-29  9:37 +0800]:
> I have written such a python script, which can find about 4500 msgid items in Blender 2.37a source. Of course, some item need not to be translated and some is not taken out(2 reasons, 1. not all string in the C/C++ source is placed in a function, some of them is in var; 2.I do not know regular expression well, so I used a plain and some stupid method to find the character vars in a function call), but I think it is about 90% completed.
> you can find it @
> http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6888
>
> Hope it can help you and other i18n-ers.

This is awesome. I would like to add these scripts to the Ubuntu
package so that it automatically builds an up to date POT file when
building the package. Are you opposed to that in any way?

In Ubuntu we automatically import all POT files and translations of
all packages to the freely available "Rosetta" [1] platform, where
everybody (users, distributors, and upstream developers) can translate
stuff, upload and download POT and PO files, and so on. By putting the
scripts into Rosetta, translating blender would become much easier.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Martin

[1] https://launchpad.net/rosetta

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?