[Bf-committers] Complete absence of a POT file

Jiří Hnídek jiri.hnidek at vslib.cz
Thu Sep 29 15:13:05 CEST 2005

Hi,
I wanted to convince Ton to start use gettext("") or _("") standard (I
did some coding attempts too) but he was against: swithing on/off
translation for tooltips, buttons and toolbox is much more important.
This switching can be proceeded only at one place in source code, then
gettext(string) can be called ... we can't use _("") standard.

xgettext is cool tool and in combination with other tools from gettext
packege it can help translator very much.

Python script works very good, but we need replacement of xgettext. We
need to parse all gui strings to .pot file (python script should do only
this thing, but it should do parsing almost perfectly), that's all,
msgmerge can manage the rest.

We need somebody, who will be boss for all translators (poke them, when
new release is comming; propably do some testing; write some
documentation for translators; no need to do any coding!!!). ANY
VOLUNTEER? ;-)

Jiri