[Bf-committers] Complete absence of a POT file

Simon Lanzmich SimonLanzmich at gmx.de
Thu Sep 29 20:01:02 CEST 2005

Hi

> Blender currently does not ship nor create a gettext PO template (a
> "*.pot" file). However, this is a necessary prerequisite for
> translating the application into other languages. Merely copying an
> existing PO file is error prone since they might be incomplete and
> outdated, and this does not provide any support for distribution
> specific patches either.

I wrote a python script as an attempt to solve this problem - it allows
you to extract translatable messages and keep them up-to-date - so you
may want to take a look at it and decide whether it is useful or not.
It is attached to this mail.
I've also created a partial German translation with about 1400
translated strings, which is in the Interface translation project's
patch tracker.

Simon