[Bf-committers] Complete absence of a POT file

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 28 17:20:02 CEST 2005

Hi Blender developers!

Blender currently does not ship nor create a gettext PO template (a
"*.pot" file). However, this is a necessary prerequisite for
translating the application into other languages. Merely copying an
existing PO file is error prone since they might be incomplete and
outdated, and this does not provide any support for distribution
specific patches either.

Because of the nonstandard way translations are handled in blender
(the canonical gettext("string") or _("string") is not used), it is
not easy to manually create a PO template with xgettext either.

How do you handle this? Is there any way to generate an up to date PO
template in the source tree that I just did not discover? I did not
find anything about this in the forum or in google.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?