[Bf-committers] A few observations on fluidsim

Nils Thuerey nils at thuerey.de
Tue Sep 27 17:19:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

Bart wrote:
> Here is my proposal for it:
> http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/fluids.png
Thanks for the ideas I'll take them into account when I start with the
GUI, I'm working on fixing the windos issues right now, but the GUI is
one of the next steps. I'll probably seperate the domain options into
standard and advanced (switching with another button), as there are some
more options coming...

> Alexander Ewering schrieb:
>> This being the first time I use the fluid simulation, some initial
>> oddities
>> / questions about the UI came up:
Have you checked the user docs in the wiki? I tried to explain most of
the details there
(http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/SoCFluidAnimation once
the wiki is up again). But let me know if sth. i snot clear there...

>> - "Select Output" and the actual path overlap in the UI, and also,
>> there's
>>   a strange default value of "D/tmp" or something.
>>   Also, the standard way to present a directory with a fileselect is
>>   using an IconBut with a textbox next to it, like in the Output selector
>>   in the Scene buttons.
That was one of the things Bart suggested, sounds like a good idea.

Regards,
-> Nils

.          Nils Thuerey                                               .
.          LSS, Inf10 - University of Erlangen Nuremberg              .
.          http://www.ntoken.com                                      .
.          http://www10.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sinithue/         .