[Bf-committers] scripts as 'core tools'

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 05:22:00 CEST 2005

How feasible would it be to add blender scripts as hardcoded
shortcuts/menu items as if they were a core tool?

I realize that eventually we might have an event code refactor that
would allow this easily, but is there some interim solution that could
be done?

There are tools that are core tools of other DCC and modeling tools
that are only accessible in Blender via scripts - for instance Cams
Flatten script, Loft/Bridge script; the beveling script that can act
on individual verts, edges, and faces; edge and vert slide, etc.

Rather than go through the unneccessary effort of recoding these into
C (none of these have performance problems that I'm aware of) it would
be much better if we could just just call them via regular keybindings
or through the standard menu locations.

LetterRip