[Bf-committers] Join Screens OGL Bug

Jiří Hnídek jiri.hnidek at vslib.cz
Thu Sep 22 21:03:48 CEST 2005

Hi,
I don't doubt, that my solution isn't the best solutions, but it is
still much more better then previous way of joining windows and it is
better then extra puldown menu used in tuhopuu3. The visual language of
arrow is very simple and intuitive.

Do you think, that you have better solution? Create some mockups and web
page about it! You didn't convince me, that any tini (hard to click on)
icon is better, then my solution ;-).

Problem of ghosting arrow is hidden here:

I make screen area darker with:

   glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);
   glEnable(GL_BLEND);
   glColor4ub(0, 0, 0, 105);
   draw_join_shape(sa, dir);
   glDisable(GL_BLEND);

I make it "normal" again with:

   glBlendFunc(GL_DST_COLOR, GL_SRC_ALPHA);
   glEnable(GL_BLEND);
   glColor4ub(255, 255, 255, 181);
   draw_join_shape(sa, dir);
   glDisable(GL_BLEND);

I computed constants of glBlendFunc(), glColor4ub() functions due to
opengl manual. It should work corectly, but it doesn't work correclty at
some graphical cards :-/. More info can be found in
./source/blender/src/editscreen.c in function joinarea_interactive(). I
would be thankful for your advices.

Jiri