[Bf-committers] msvc6 build broken due to fluid sim

Nils Thuerey nils at thuerey.de
Thu Sep 22 13:25:21 CEST 2005

Hello,

bjornmose wrote:
> 1. STL <vector> and <map> variables should have namespace .. e.g:
> std::vector .. (yadada) since in C++ allows to redifine 'em in any
> namespace. So a R3::vector.. might be a class repesenting something we
> know from linear algebra ..
The STL vector and map are only used within the elbeem code, and there I
took care that its not confused with the algebra vectors - those are
called _Vec e.g. ParamVec.

> 2. MSVC6 does not allow -->
> {
> for (int i .. )
> {}
> for (int i .. )
> {}
> }
That's inconvenient - I think it's valid c++ code, and used extensively
in the solver.

> 3. there are macros for shortcutting 'for' statements
> like *FORDF1* ( finding this i gave up compiling with msvc6 )
> which finnaly make repairing msvc6 builds impossible (see 2)
That's a common operation for an LBM solver (do {} for all distribution
functions), so it increases readability of the source code quite a bit.

Btw. - is the MSVC6 compiler still used a lot? I tried the MSVC++
Toolkit2003 (thus MSVC7  compiler), and that works :) Maybe the solver
code should be disabled for MSVC6 for now?

Regards,
-> Nils

.          Nils Thuerey                                               .
.          LSS, Inf10 - University of Erlangen Nuremberg              .
.          http://www.ntoken.com                                      .
.          http://www10.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sinithue/         .