[Bf-committers] Modifier Icons

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 14:52:20 CEST 2005

> Meaning; the icons can be drawn in a grid of 36x36 pixels (larger we
> dont need now, until we're going to have real large 'toolbar' stuff),
> and Blender then can scale them nicely antialised down to 24x24, 18x18,
> 12x12 and 8x8, to be used for the mipmapping tricks.

I think automatically computing smaller versions of the icons usually
is not good (i.e. at limited pixel space, you get a lot better icons
by drawing the small versions by hand).

Heck, even with large textures people go quite far, using
Mitchell/Kaiser resampling filters, with gamma correction and all
kinds of post-sharpening. And those textures are hundreds or thousands
pixels in size!

So while this is more work, manually drawing several size icon
versions would almost always be a win. Or make it an option - if
multiple versions aren't provided, only then Blender would compute
lower size ones.

--
Aras 'NeARAZ' Pranckevicius
http://nesnausk.org/nearaz | http://nearaz.blogspot.com