[Bf-committers] Modifier Icons

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Sep 19 13:22:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

Please do not send mails double, you send them to me personal too! Just
press "reply" in your mailer, not "reply all". :)

If you add decent alpha to the icons, you also have to (almost
completely) redraw them all, to get nice antialising for example. In
that case it would be worth considering moving to a next quality
level... redesign it based on a mipmap based system.

Meaning; the icons can be drawn in a grid of 36x36 pixels (larger we
dont need now, until we're going to have real large 'toolbar' stuff),
and Blender then can scale them nicely antialised down to 24x24, 18x18,
12x12 and 8x8, to be used for the mipmapping tricks.

Would require some coding though. But that's partially already done.

-Ton-