[Bf-committers] gameengine status

Erwin Coumans erwin at erwincoumans.com
Sun Sep 4 20:52:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

Game Engine has the choice of 2 physics engines, either Bullet or
Sumo/Solid. Bullet doesn't use Solid.

I haven't had the time to write up a longer status yet.

It is recommended to enable _both_ for next release. Bullet has not been
integrated completely, so some sensors and actuators are not working yet. If
I get the opportunity I will add the missing bits (touch,collision sensor
etc)

Once those missing bits are added, we can think of removing Solid/Sumo. This
will take a bit of time, so not for coming release. However I think the
current state is already useful enough to release, so please enable both.

Erwin