[Bf-committers] IRC meeting minutes, sept 4

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Sep 4 17:53:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

*** Python 2.4 migration
- Jean-Luc takes care of OSX platform side
- Windows & Linux will build fine with 2.4, but platform managers need
to check on it
- MSVC project files are updated
- DJ Capelis; can you check/update the Linux build system?

*** Game engine
- no actions scheduled... still need docs & state of development report
:)

*** Scons/Make for windows
- for time being no specific maintainer on make/scons for msvc/cygwin
compilation needed
- all devs should at least compile engine before comitting though!
- and: if you commit something you think requires make/scons updates,
seek for help on i, or post a note on this maillist

*** IK lib
- UI needs feedback still. What options are useful, or can be more
hidden?

*** SoC projects
- Jean-Luc volunteers to help Nils with fluids
- Probably Alexander will do booleans & ffmpg?
- Verse will remain a separate tree for time being
- Nurbana... still WIP?
- but, each SoC coder (get help from mentor, or ask here) can submit
his project as patch, with notes on dependencies (to new libs), on what
make/scons/msvc changes are needed, and distribution issues (binary
size, static or dynamic lib?)

*** Tuhopuu3
- devs who made T3 projects should also submit that as a patch for
bf-blender. Best is to first find a bf-blender committer to assist on
it, and get it reviewed first!

*** Release targets
- We still have to go over a lot of smaller patches though (patch
tracker, everone check on it!), but for the larger projects we can
already make a very impressive list of targets we want to include in
the 2.4 release.
Proposal is to freeze this target listing during the next 2 weeks, and
move to "BCon 3" then. All projects that currently go on seem to be
feasible to finish the next 3-5 weeks.

Stay tuned!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org