[Bf-committers] Floor constraint - patch and Windows .exe

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 17:17:13 CEST 2005

--- Roland Hess <rolandh at reed-witting.com> wrote:

> Made a new constraint yesterday, called "Floor".
> I've seen this (or a
> similar) feature asked for a dozen times in the last
> year.
>
> The way it works:
>
> 1. Apply "Floor" constraint to object (or bone).
> 2. Choose target.
> 3. Choose: X,Y,Z,-X,-Y,-Z. Default is Z.
>
> Z will not allow the constrained object to pass
> below the target object.
> -Z will not allow it to go above the target.
> X,-X,Y and -Y will do the respective actions on the
> global X and Y axes.
>
> Useful for placing a "floor" or "walls" for objects
> and armatures.
> Apply to armature foot bones to prevent them from
> slipping below the
> floor.
>
> Patch against current CVS here:
>
> http://www.harkyman.com/floorpatch.txt
>
> Windows binary (.exe only) here (3.4 MB - if you can
> patch, please do
> that instead):
>
> http://www.harkyman.com/blenderfloor.zip
>
> Also, I don't have commit privileges, so anyone
> (theeth!) who wants
> to check the code and possibly commit, please feel
> free. Code should
> be pretty clean, as it's mostly c&p from the other
> constraints. I
> kept notes, too, so I can write an update to the
> "constraint writing"
> docs in the .org CMS.

I'll be away this week end, but I'll have time to look
at this and commit when I get back on monday.

At first glance, patch seems ok, maybe just change the
name of the axis flags it's using. I'll probably just
rename the track flag to a more generic name, so all
constraints can use them.

As far as update to CMS stuff goes, one of the CMS
admin could give you an account there, or if you send
me the updates, I can post them there myself.

You could have put the patch directly in the patch
tracker (
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?atid=127&group_id=9&func=browse
) instead, since it's more practical to do followups
and corrections there, but you'll get faster feedback
by posting here, so...

Thanks and regards,
Martin