[Bf-committers] Floor constraint - patch and Windows .exe

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Fri Sep 2 16:53:11 CEST 2005

Made a new constraint yesterday, called "Floor". I've seen this (or a
similar) feature asked for a dozen times in the last year.

The way it works:

1. Apply "Floor" constraint to object (or bone).
2. Choose target.
3. Choose: X,Y,Z,-X,-Y,-Z. Default is Z.

Z will not allow the constrained object to pass below the target object.
-Z will not allow it to go above the target.
X,-X,Y and -Y will do the respective actions on the global X and Y axes.

Useful for placing a "floor" or "walls" for objects and armatures.
Apply to armature foot bones to prevent them from slipping below the
floor.

Patch against current CVS here:

http://www.harkyman.com/floorpatch.txt

Windows binary (.exe only) here (3.4 MB - if you can patch, please do
that instead):

http://www.harkyman.com/blenderfloor.zip

Also, I don't have commit privileges, so anyone (theeth!) who wants
to check the code and possibly commit, please feel free. Code should
be pretty clean, as it's mostly c&p from the other constraints. I
kept notes, too, so I can write an update to the "constraint writing"
docs in the .org CMS.
--
Roland Hess - harkyman